2/22/2012

Never too old

Mark and I headed up to Traverse last week for a couple days to celebrate our 6th anniversary. The original plan had been to go snowmobiling for an afternoon but with our lack of snow, that wasn't happening. So instead, we stopped at Gander Mountain on the way up to Traverse and filled our hands with snowpants, hats, and gloves and thought we'd try downhill skiing. I have had quite a fear of downhill skiing since high school but I thought it was time to work through that fear and see if I could find an outdoor activity that Mark and I might enjoy doing together. We found a city owned place 2 miles from our hotel so we decided to try it out. I was grateful it was "rinky dink" because to me, that meant it would be less busy (less people to witness my attempts) and hopefully the hills would be smaller! Mark was ever so patient with me and after about a half hour on the bunny hill, I attempted an "easy" hill. I'm glad I did it and I would like to go again sometime. I really think it might be a fun future family hobby?
No, this is definately not a picture of me...I didn't look nearly that cute in my winter gear :) I'm pretty sure I was sweating after about 10 minutes!


Again, not a picture of me but I did probably look a little something like this after one of my falls.




Cousins...



The reward for being good while shopping.







And poor Bryce...he had spent the night at Grandma's house while we were gone and he just cannot sleep well anyplace other than his own bed. He decided to catch up on sleep while at Meijer. The good news...he is finally sleeping through the night (only when in his own crib at home though!) Baby steps right?

No comments: