Bryce had some outpatient surgery this morning. It was a minor surgery to repair a hernia. We were at the hospital by 6:45am this morning and back home by 10:30. Surgery went very well but we had a very grumpy little boy post-op. Bryce is sleeping while I write this and hopefully he can wake up a little less confused. He'll be on some pain meds for a day or two and then Tylenol until he's feeling a little less sore. He is one tough little guy! It was so difficult for us to hand over our son to a nurse and know we were going to have to put 100% trust in the doctors and nurses to do their jobs perfectly. We are blessed by amazing medical staff and by God who took Bryce through his first surgery without any complications. Thanks to those who prayed for us this morning!
![]() |
| This was taken right before surgery. I couldn't understand why Bryce wanted to get into the bed/crib but once I put him in there, I found out why...he thought it was perfect to use it as a trampoline |
![]() |
| On the way home from the hospital. Very groggy. He waved goodbye to the nurses on our way out the door! |
We have had so much fun this summer at Sandy Pines! I honestly cannot remember what we did on weekends in the summertime before Mark's parents had a place out there. We have made some fantastic family memories :) Mark's parents have some wonderful neighbors at Sandy Pines who so graciously allow our girls (Alyssa in particular) to sit at their trailer and join in on their conversations. Mr. Mike had told Alyssa a week ago that he would take her tubing behind his boat. The second she saw him this past Sunday, she reminded him of that. Off they went!
![]() |
| Chillin on the boat |
![]() |
| "Look Mom and Dad, I can fly!" |
![]() |
| The Lucas Ladies :) |








No comments:
Post a Comment